Hello Table Leadership!
Welcome to the July edition of the Table Leadership Monthly newsletter. If you're new to leadership at The Table, welcome! This newsletter works to improve communication among leadership and make sure you are all informed about what's going on at The Table and what's to come!
Please take a few minutes to read through what's below and share any pertinent updates with your teams if it applies to them. Grateful to serve with you all! Praying 1 Corinthians 15:58 over you this afternoon.
- SERVE Day is just around the corner on July 14! As leaders, please ensure that you're signing up to serve along side our congregation! You can sign-up here. Also, please email your teams and invite them to sign up by visiting thetablechurch.serveday.com!
- Help us plan the next ALL-IN Team Night by participating in this short survey!
- Our new sermon series on the book of Revelation begins Sunday, July 15! This Sunday, Pastor Kevin will preach on 'merica (more so Romans 13 and how we respond when we don't agree with those in political power.)
- Our next season of 21 Days of Prayer will be in September! Take this tiny survey to help us plan our three all-church prayer gatherings.
- Our CoHi TableKIDS Ministry will begin a pre-teen small group in the fall. Pray for leaders to invest in the lives of our kiddos and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested or know of someone who would fill this role well.
- SERVE Day 2018 is on July 14! Join a service project here.
- Our next ALL-IN Team Night will be for leadership only, that's you! (elders, trustees, pastors, ministry directors, ministry coaches, CG leaders). It'll take place on August 8, 2018 from 6:30p - 8:30p. We'll grill out and focus our discussion on community engagement. RSVP here by August 6.
- Gents, keep your eyes peeled for Man Night, an event coming your way sometime mid to late August.
prayers of praise (P) + requests (R) for the church
- P: For a wonderful beginning to summer and many visitors to The Table!
- P: For a great first half of our summer community groups!
- P: For Pastor Kevin's leadership and teaching throughout our last sermon series on David
- P: For SERVE Day leaders who have organized 10 service projects across our city!
- P: For cool spaces during this extreme heat and R: that those who are unhoused in our city would find relief (see DC's cooling plan)
- R: For SERVE Day 2018, that our projects would be full of volunteers, that our city would feel loved and experience Christ's love, and that new relationships will be built.
- R: That Pastor Kevin and Charla would have safe travels and a restful + restorative vacation (July 10-25)
- R: For leaders to serve on TableKIDS, and feel called to invest in the lives of children at The Table. Specifically, for people to feel called to lead the pre-teen small group in the fall.
- R: For continued direction and wisdom for leadership and provision for our ministry
- R: For new Greeting (CoHi) and Hospitality (Downtown) coaches as our current coaches wish to hand over the reigns
- R: For all-church Ministry Directors to fill the Engagement, Next Steps, and Care Team director roles
- R: For our buildings, that we would have safe spaces to worship in and fruitful ministry among them.
- R: For our justice + compassion ministries, that they'd remain fruitful and we'd have open doors to love our city well.
- This will be Ashley Close's last month serving on leadership at The Table as Director of Care. Join me in praying for her as she transitions into full-time student life and begins law school in the fall.
- Arunjana Das is now Director of Justice and Compassion and will provide leadership to WIN, Food Pantry, Soup Kitchen, and new j+c endeavors at The Table.
- Bethany Bolte will be our new Director of Family Ministries (when she gets back from vaca!) and will provide leadership to our TableKIDS ministry as well as parent/family engagement at The Table.
- Charla Lum is now the TableKIDS Coach at our Downtown Parish. Thanks to Aleesa Ribbens for serving in this role throughout the spring months.
- Lindsay Spell is now the Media Coach at our Downtown Parish. Thanks to Becca Jorgensen for previously serving in this role and join me in praying for her future in grad school!