Hello Table Leaders!
Welcome to the SEPTEMBER edition of the Table Leadership Monthly newsletter. If you're new to leadership at The Table, welcome! This newsletter works to improve communication among leadership and make sure you are all informed about what's going on at The Table. Previous editions are stored online here (except August because *someone* was traveling).
Please take a few minutes to read through what's below and share any pertinent updates with your teams if it applies to them.
- Our new small group ministry was announced this Sunday at church (last week via email). We're excited to kick off Dinner Parties this fall. Kevin's email about this new endeavor is here in case you missed the memo. :) You can email Josh (Dir. of Community Ministry) with any questions.
- Our new sermon series is entitled BLANK SLATE! Not to be confused with Blank Spaces which I've been humming ever since Kevin announced the new series. We kick off this Sunday. Invite a friend to church! This series is perfect for laying the foundations of our faith. Our last series on Worry is excellent and available online if you missed any.
- We're in the middle of 21 Days of Prayer and we hope you're loving it! Take some time to pray for your team members individually during this season. Also visit thetablechurch.org/prayfirst for ways to engage (and invite your team to engage with you!).
- Our CoHi TableKIDS Ministry will begin a pre-teen small group in the fall. Pray for leaders to invest in the lives of our kiddos and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested or know of someone who would fill this role well.
- We're trying out a revised schedule for our Next Steps Track. The month we are offering class after the 9:45a service and after the 5p service. We still will hold the usual three classes on the first, second, and third Sunday of the month.
- Our next ALL-IN Team Night will be on October 3 and all are welcome! Please do your best to be there. It'll be a great time to connect with others and also recruit for your teams since the whole church is invited. RSVP here AND invite your team members to attend.
- Our Dinner Party Leader Training will be on September 16 at 12:30 p.m. at our Downtown Parish. Prayerfully consider leading a dinner party this fall! Note that "leading" does not have to equal "hosting." Sign up + learn more here.
- If you're interested in leading our TableKIDS on their journey of faith, attend our TableKIDS training this Saturday after our Pray First gathering at the Downtown Parish. Learn more here.
- Join us for our Pray First prayer gathering this Saturday (9th) at our Downtown Parish from 9-10 a.m. Learn more by visiting thetablechurch.org/prayfirst. We'll also have one on September 16th.
prayers of praise (P) + requests (R) for the church
- P: For a wonderful summer and the many visitors that came through our doors this summer
- P: For a season of focused 21 Days of Prayer
- P: For every person that serves in our church! Summer is a busy time and we're so grateful for all who poured into our church this summer.
- P: For new leaders / new leadership positions! (so many! see below)
- R: For leaders to serve on TableKIDS, and feel called to invest in the lives of children at The Table. Also pray for our new pre-teen small group.
- R: For continued direction and wisdom for leadership and provision for our ministry
- R: For new ministry team coaches. Hospitality (Downtown), Media (CoHi), Sound (both).
- R: For all-church Ministry Directors to fill the Next Steps, and Care Team director roles
- For our buildings, that we would have safe spaces to worship in and fruitful ministry among them.
- R: For our justice + compassion ministries, that they'd remain fruitful and we'd have open doors to love our city well.
- R: For a fruitful fall as we enter a new season of ministry!
- R: For our new Dinner Party small group model launching early October. Pray also for leaders and hosts!
- With the transition in our small group model, Josh McComas is now our Director of Community Ministry.
- Lexi Mairone is our new Communion Team Coach @ CoHi Parish. Thank Joyce Matthews for serving in this role for over a year! Ms. Joyce continues to serve on the board of elders.
- Madison Sampson is our new Greeting Team Coach @ CoHi Parish. Thank Nicola Davis (Dir of First Impressions) for serving in this role while we found a replacement for Kimbo Bocchini.
- Tim Cody will be our new Experience Team Coach @ CoHi Parish.