At The Table, we have a Board of Elders who are here for your spiritual care. The men and women who serve on the Board of Elders are seen as spiritual leaders in our congregation as they are the primary protectors and encouragers of a positive spiritual climate within the church body. Unlike other churches, they’re not a governing body, but rather a body entrusted with caring for the health and spiritual care of our congregation. If you’re in need of prayer and pastoral care, do not hesitate to reach out to the elders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have five individuals serving on our elders board. Due to the growth of our community, we feel it is appropriate to increase the size of this board by three members. You can not be voted onto the board, rather, one must be nominated by their congregation. Those with the greatest number of nominations will be invited to consider serving on the board of elders after being presented with expectations and commitments required of an elder.
Our elders covenant to:
- Seek God’s will for our church community as they as study the Scriptures and follow the Spirit (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1–5).
- Care for and foster growth in members of The Table as they seek to become disciples of Christ, in part by equipping them for service (Eph. 4:11–13) and praying for them regularly, particularly when they are sick (James 5:14).
- Provide teaching and counsel from the whole of Scripture (Acts 20:27–28; Gal. 6:6; 1 Tim. 5:17–18).
- Restore members of The Table to spiritual health when they stumble on their spiritual journey (Matt. 18:15–20; 1 Cor. 5; Gal. 6:1).
- Support the pastoral team through prayer and wise counsel.
Who would you like to see provide spiritual care to your congregation?
Please nominate three people who you see as spiritual leaders within your community. While our elders provide care to the church as a whole, we will seek to add one elder from our Downtown Parish and two elders from our Columbia Heights Parish, to ensure elders are always present at worship services. Please complete the form below. You may nominate up to three individuals.